Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blahs about ageing

They say that it's not important how old you are but how old you feel.


Would you be surprised if I say that I reckon my inner self is a 30-year old woman?


Yes, one year older than my actual age... confusing huh?


I guess that I'm just past all the usual trappings that come with being a young 20-something --the never ending drinking sessions and parties, the sleepless nights, tireless dancing, "jamming sessions" (if you catch my drift). I'm not so interested in that anymore. Sure, I don have the occasional urge to "party down" but I don't feel like I'd be missing too much if I don't. In fact, i hate the posing, the virtual meat market atmosphere, and shallowness of it all.


I've partied hard and virtually did it all, except for the hard drugs and mind numbing vomiting sessions (which I absolutely hate). In fact, I think I've turned to a bit of a square. My idea of fun now is catching the latest film festivals (the French film festival is coming out soon), watching really cool gigs (can't wait for Bloc Party), going to art galleries, and never missing the comedy festival. Sigh, I've become a mature lady.


But a huge part of me still has that youthful exuberance - my love for heavy metal and punk music, for instance. I don't think I will ever lose that even if I'm a granny with 20-odd grand kids. I still love my tattoos and never regretted the day I got them. As a matter of fact, I want to get another one but am not too sure what design though. I like technology - I absolutely love Mac's commercials, I'm such a geek!


I guess nowadays age is such an overrated thing to worry about. In my case, I embrace it. The world is my oyster and with age comes new experiences. Like marriage for instance...


*****


Speaking of marriage, I am about to start my wedding site. Will post the link here as soon as I have it up and running. Cheers!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I think the only thing that makes us old is the limits we place on ourselves. I have an uncle who's 18 years older than I am, but we can still talk about the coolest new gadgets and who the best musicians are (he likes stuff that you do too). His son is 15 years younger than I am but we can relate in matters like cartoon, Playstation, Pokemon and Taekwondo (even though my body can't take that sport anymore hehe).

I think that as we add numbers to our age, we still retain the things that we revel in when we were younger. Only, we remove the ones that we know aren't good or sensible. Been there, done that ika nga. :D

Then again, I act younger than I really am >.<

Anonymous said...

oh no! you are on the marriage stage? you are growing jen! hehehehe kidding...well, i did undergo that stage too where everything that we used to do back then are now kinda childish to me. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them once in a while. Im already a mom but i still like to play video games and of course the wii!!!!!! But I think of it as a way to work out rather than just to have fun! heehee