Friday, December 16, 2005

Running for charity

Last December 4, my workmate/friend Rebecca and I participated in the annual Sussan Women's Fun Run at St. Kilda. We both signed up for the 5 km walk/run, which we both finished within the reasonable 30-40 minutes. There was also the 10 km walk/run but Bex and I thought we'd be nuts if we went for that - considering we both ran/walked 55 floors on foot up the Rialto building a few months back, our sanity is already a bit questionable isn't it?

The fun run is in support of the charity called the Make A Wish Foundation. It is a charity geared towards the needs of children with illnesses.

Check out the pictures below:




Pinning on my race number

Bex and I before the race

Race participants getting ready to warm up

Bex and I warming up before the race

At the start line

Bex and I after the race, tired but happy




These blokes obviously thought they'll pass as women to join the fun run - NOT!

Check out this short video of me about to cross the finish line. I'm the one wearing a white cap and pink shirt. (Let me just say that this tool is sooooo cool!)




I guess along with the Rialto run, this will be something that I'd endeavour to do every year. I'll just have to maintain my workouts and the like.

No comments: