Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First day of my new job...

... and I'm still sitting in my old office, twiddling my thumbs, yet to hear from ANYONE about moving into my new office! I know that management has agreed to move me today, but I have been sitting here, doing bugger all for 4 hours waiting... waiting... and waiting some more.

I have already driven to the city and have submitted my last school report which was due today, already had lunch, and I am still waiting. At least out IT support is doing something, that is setting up my laptop.

I know I only have a few boxes to take with me and that the move won't take that long, but Jesus! I want to settle into my new workspace, perhaps give it a bit of a clean or something.

Argh!!!


*****

On a different note, congratulations to the Australian Socceroos for defeating Japan last night (3 - 1) in the World Cup! Whoopee! We've won a game! Yay!


Saviour: Tim Cahill gets a hug from goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer after his dramatic double helped Australia to a 3-1 win over Japan in the World Cup. Picture: Reuters; Caption: Herald Sun

Thanks to the spectacular goal kicking skills of Tim Cahill, we managed to lead in Australia's first World Cup game since 1974.

Here's the equalizer that lifted the Aussie's spirit:



Since the cup started last Friday night, I haven't had a decent night's sleep. I have watched a lot of the games and am loving every minute of it!

GO SOCCEROOS!

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI!

No comments: