Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Perks of management.....

I have been in my current role for a couple of weeks now. I have to say that having a high paying job has it share of perks as well as downsides. Firstly, I have a laptop. Yes, a laptop provided by work that I can bring with me wherever I go. Downside is that I have my personal laptop that I don't know what to do with, aside from using it for gaming, DVD recording, and expanding my already huge MP3 collection, which I can do with my work laptop. Sell my personal laptop? I suppose, but I like having my own things rather than just leeching off work equipment.

Secondly, I don't have staff. This is fantastic since I have been working with the same group of people for almost 6 years and I have reached the tether of my patience with one of my ex-staff members. Downside is that I do miss the regular chats that some of my more likable staff and I used to have.

Thirdly, I have a bigger, warmer, and nicer office than the one I had before. I have put up my own decorations, placed an indoor lucky bamboo plant, made sure that all my filing trays and cabinets are neat and in prestine condition. Downside? Well, I can't think of anything.

Last but not least, the workload is so much heavier than before. I have to deal with more people rather than just a small group. Now, I'm getting more calls from interstate managers, account managers, operations managers, and day-to-day operational employees.

At present, I am preparing for an hour-long presentation in the Southern Region Sales Forum for next Tuesday. I may have a week to prepare, but the actual preparation of the presentation, the equipment that I need, and the documentation that has to be prepared will be tedious. I'm not complaining at all... I do like being busy. It makes the day go by much faster.

No comments: