Wednesday, May 25, 2005

At the home stretch now...

I don't know if you guys are aware, but I am currently taking up a Post grad course at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. The course is Information Management. I am quite lucky to have my work pay for the course and help me to further my career in the industry.

Friday is the day of my final exams for Document Management 1. The following Friday is the deadline for my final assignment in Information Provision 1. After that... it's school holidays baby!!!

Of course, I won't get my final results till about two weeks before second semester starts. I am pretty confident that I'll be passing both subjects. I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens too early, but I just have a feeling ^_^.

School holidays is timely too since it is also right smack in the middle of the end of financial year, which means that'll be awfully, awfully busy at work! We are trying to get most of our work done so that we can grab every single cent of our revenue and add it to the FY's end result. All that I hope for now is that I get a substantial bonus after this...

I am yet to hear about the promotion that I have applied for back in February. It's still an in-house job but a completely different role and of course, higher pay. It's a Project Manager role for the whole City of Melbourne. At the moment, the position is stalled due to the company and a new customer's lengthy negotiations over the contract. Damn lawyers making it all too tedious, the gits!

I really could use the extra money. With my mortgage, car, bills, hobbies, shopping, etc... I REALLY could use the extra money!

1 comment:

Urban Warrior said...

By the time you're reading this, you're probably getting ready for your exams in a few hours.

Give it yer best shot!!