Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Put on your dancing shoes...

I have just been invited to a "new wave" party by a good friend and it'll be held in a couple of weeks' time. Aside from the 80s theme, guests are also required to dress up... shock, gasp, horror!!!

I am very excited about this party. This is actually the second "new wave" party I've been invited to and already have an outfit in mind. I was thinking along the lines of Joan Jett or Siouxsie Sioux... and no, I don't have the guts to go for the whole "Burlesque Siouxsie" look! :p

Hmm... I wonder if I can talk Arnie into doing the whole "shirtless Roland Orzabal" look... hmmm.... drifts off.... >shirtless Roland... shirtless Roland... shirtless... Roland... hmmmm...<

Ahem... now... I also have to polish up my dance moves. This friend who's hosting the party is a professional dancer and is also a dance intructor at Melbourne Grammar. I'll be damned if I embarass myself in front of a roomful of dancers! It'll probably be a bit weird to be in a room full of people, men and women alike, to be dancing with their hands above their earlobes... I know that 80s dance moves are very elaborate and rather... er... idiotic looking >sheepish grin< style="font-weight: bold;">"Mad World" to play. I am definitely making a special request for that! ^_^

Will keep you guys posted on how it goes... I'm sure it'll be a blast!

For the meantime.... >shirtless Roland... shirtless Roland... shirtless Roland...<

2 comments:

Urban Warrior said...

Wuzzat? You want to share the shirtless Roland with the other guests at the party?

And let me guess, is this another one of the "The apocalypse is near" things for you (dressing up)? hehehe

Jennie said...

The "shirtless Roland" look is my excuse to perv at my partner... hehehe

And this kind of dress up is right up my alley, Kiko. I don't mind dressing up like a complete arse as long as there is a roomful of us ^_^