Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thoughts on sex...

At the risk of being called names again (who knows if the psycho-stalker bitch is lurking - see March 15 entry), I shall endeavour to talk about a little thing that has been bugging me for a while. I apologize in advance for the choice of words I have used - blame Girl With A One Track Mind :)

Have you ever wondered why women who have a huge sexual appetite are often called nymphomaniacs whereas men are never labeled as such? Is it because society has molded people into believing that it is okay for men to be so sexed up whereas women should always be playing the "receiving orifice" role?

Isn't that a bit unfair? I mean, why is it that women cannot enjoy themselves during sex? Is sex all about the penis? Isn't it about the vagina as well? Isn't sex suppose to be an act that should be enjoyed by all parties involved?

In this day and age, I believe it is absolutely okay for a woman to acknowledge that they want a good shag. Is that so much to ask? If men can think about shagging, why can't women? I think it's only fair that women demand a good rogering. After all, women have the equipment that men need to get off - unless they intend to grow hairs in the back of their hands from tossing too much.

There is nothing wrong with a confident woman who knows exactly what they want and how to get it. If a woman goes to the pub and picks up a good looking bloke because she just wants a good seeing to, does that make her a slut? Of course not. I believe that she is honest with herself. If I were a bloke, I find that very sexy. Confidence is a fantastic trait to have. Of course, not all men think this way. Some men actually want all women to act virginal. These same men go out of their way to bed as many women as they can. Isn't that paradoxical behaviour? Fuck heaps of women and expect them to act like nuns.

In my opinion, it takes a real man to take on a sexually confident woman. It is a rarity even in today's supposedly modern world. In spite of people believing that the world has abandoned backward thinking, just reading the papers every morning is enough to tell you that nuh-uh, it's not happening.

You know what I don't like? People playing games. Women acting all coy and hard to get when their bodies say differently. It's all about appearances, isn't it? How about acting on that want? Scratching the itch? It's all about attitude. Acting like a slut and acting sexually confident are two very different things. It's easy to be a slut. It's hard to be sexually confident.

Here is a list I believe that women should follow to be a sexually confident person:

1. When talking about sex, never giggle. You come across like a damn teenager if you do. Talking about sex like an adult is key.

2. There is always a time and place for talking about sex. You may think about sex all the time and probably sneak into a toilet every so often for a quick fiddle, but you cannot talk about it when it's inappropriate.

3. Dress appropriately. I cannot stress this enough. When at work, very low cut blouses that show off half your boobs is not on. Very short skirts that shows your bum off when you bend is not a good look either.

4. Flirt smart. Listen to intelligent women flirt. There is a huge difference with how they go about it than their slutty counterparts.

5. Confidence is a big part of the package. How you walk, how you talk, how you carry yourself in general.

6. Never giggle. Smile, laugh, but never giggle. You will come across like you're nervous. Having the confidence to smile and laugh at loud at a man's jokes is a sure fire way to come across as being completely in control.

7. Have a lot of different interests and be prepared to talk about your interests with passion. Remember that there is a difference between being passionate about something and being obsessed.

Easy enough? I think so. These tips are not only about being sexually confident, but also about being a woman whom men can take seriously. How do I know these things you may wonder? I'll be the first to admit that may experiences in sex is limited and that most of what I know I learned from my current relationship. I like observing human behaviour, reading books about the subject, and experimenting myself on how people react to different types of behaviour. I actually found it amazing that something as simple as giggling can invoke a different reaction from men.

I would like to ask my readers to comment freely on the topic and share their thoughts. Feel free to contradict what I said. I encourage a discussion in the matter for I believe it will just lead to better understanding between the sexes.

And please, no name calling or similar. This is an adult forum so let's talk about sex like adults, okay?

Cheers!

2 comments:

Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

I hope my comment doesn't launch a nasty tirade about sex and principles again. Haha. But I have to agree on that bit about giggling. There's just something in it that connotes a lot of repressed energy. A good, hearty laugh is sexy because it subtly shows that a woman doesn't have any hang-ups. And you're right. It says a whole lot about how a woman is in control.

I admire women who can just flat out say "Damn, I need a good lay!", not because it becomes an open invitation, but because it means the woman is really attuned to her body and knows how to get them...and more likely, the same attitude extends to other things in life, may it be career, family, relationships. It has a lot to do with confidence and determination...and those two traits, when seen in any person, are damn sexy.

Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

...attuned to her body and knows how to get them...
- reading it, that sounded totally wrong. But I'm sure you get my drift.