Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The injustice of it all...

My mother got sacked from work last Monday.

And she did not deserve it.

I am not just saying this because she's my mother.

Sure, she had her faults. She had a temper that won't quit and stands up for herself quite well.

In a country like Australia, you are expected to stand up for your rights. We were both bowled over by the obvious harassment and discrimination the supervisors did to my mother.

You see, my mother started working for a particular contractor 6 years ago who was overtaken by another contractor just 8 months ago. Since then, my mum was harassed, constantly checked, and picked on.

A lot of my mum's former workmates left on their own accord because they too were harassed constantly. These contractors were dead set on getting rid of all the old workers to put in their own, who were mostly made up of family members and friends. It was the ultimate act of nepotism!

They had a meeting this morning and started accusing my mother of being constantly late from her breaks. of not following SOPs, etc, etc...

They were lying through their teeth and were being completely unfair.

Now, my mother's confidence is shot. She had worked her butt off for the past six years and that was what she got. She has constantly complained to me about the company since they've taken over and have told her time and time again to leave and look for something else. I kind of knew this was going to happen and I am definitely not happy that they beat my mum to resigning.

I feel so sorry for my mum. She did not deserve to treated like a dog. She went through this alone, regardless of her other work mates going through the same poor treatment.

On the other hand, I am proud of her. She stood her ground and did her job the best she could. She gained the respect of her colleagues. A job can come and go, but her pride at least is still in tact.

We are now in the process of filing an unfair dismissal law suit against the contractors which we are quite sure we'll win. I am also helping my mum look for a new job and on Thursday, she has an interview with a potential employer.

I know I don't ask this often, but please pray for my mum. She needs all the positive vibes that she can get.

And I am personally sending a "Kiss my arse and go to hell" to those c*nting f*cks who gave my mum hell at work. They'll get their comeuppance, I'm sure of it.

3 comments:

Kat said...

That is so ()&(#@%^)@(%^_$!!! Retribution!

You can definitely count on my prayers for your mom. That kind of situation is grossly unfair to anyone who has worked so hard. Those guys who took over doesn't seem to give a hoot about the loyalty your mom gave all those years. Geez...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Yeah, that's really unfair considering that she worked hard. I just wish the best for your mom. I hope she finds a better job or maybe take her time to get some quality R&R now. :)

Jaz said...

Just read your comment. Those guys are so nasty! They should really burn in Hades for what they did!

And I think unless they can show valid proof that your mom is not following SOP's and stuffs (which is so not true as you've stated), and that they've given her fair enough warning of their grievances against her work, then, I think they are in big troulbe with the law! Go fight! :)