Monday, July 04, 2005

Monday blues...

Sir Bob is right...

I don't like Mondays.

It started with a sour note. One of my staff members tendered her resignation. The poor thing has been taking a lot of sick leave days because she hasn't been well. It turns out that she had a couple of minor operations (for reasons, she cannot disclose the nature of her illness) and it had not helped at all. It has taken a serious turn that she had to give up full time work for awhile.

Health is definitely wealth. You never know when your body is going to betray you. I try my darnest to eat healthy, get some regular exercise, and basically maintain my current clean living - that is, not smoking and low consumption of alcohol.

Work has been busy as well. It turns out that the company has signed up a new customer and that my department will be looking after its daily service. Fantastic! More work, less people. My department has been over-staffed for the past six months anyway. This is good news!

I have spent some time on the internet as well looking for a house to buy with Arnie. We both have agreed on moving to the north of Melbourne, since my mum lives in the west and his parents live in the east. We have to compromise. The north is right in the middle, close to both our parents' houses.

Went to the gym after work. I reckon I had a great workout - 20 minutes on the treadmill, 1500 meters on the rower, weights, lats, leg press, abdominal exercises - the works! I wish I brought my bathers so that I could have hit the spa afterwards.

I am feeling quite sleepy but I'm still waiting for Arnie to call me. He's become a real gym junkie and usually spends at least 3 hours there! Well, I'm not complaining. He's turning out to be a real hunkie :p

Off to get some strawberries and watch Big Brother Uncut...

No comments: