Monday, September 25, 2006

Relaxing weekend

This past weekend has been very relaxing. Arnie and I went away to a town called Warburton which is along the Yarra Ranges close to best wineries in the state.

We checked into a self-contained cottage called The River Cottage.







The cottage was absolutely beatiful. It was a home away from home. Very inviting with a fire place, a double oval spa, and a kitchen with a well-stocked fridge!


The inviting double spa which Arnie and I thoroughly enjoyed and relaxed in


On the decking


Such a cozy cottage!

I just loved the whole atmosphere. We were surrounded by the beauty of nature and relished our stay.

For afternoon tea, we went to a place called the Patchwork Teahouse. I am a big lover of Devonshire Tea. Arnie and I enjoyed each other's company over a nice cup of tea (him, Earl Grey, and I, English breakfast) and freshly baked scones.


Outside the Teahouse. Friendly atmosphere and friendly staff. Yummy scones too :)

Dinner was a quiet affair. I prepared fresh natural oysters for our entree and Salmon steaks with zucchini for our mains. Arnie and I also shared a nice bottle of Brown Brothers Muscato. It went perfectly well with the fish!




Preparing dinner :)


Cheers!

It was a lovely way to celebrate our anniversary. I hope to do something like this again with the man I love.

It's been a fantastic six years and I am looking forward to spending more beautiful years with him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aha! You're playing bahay-bahayan again huh? Hehe! That's a beautiful place. :)

Gayzha said...

Awwwwww... that's soooo sweet of you together!

YOu must have such a lovely and memorable moments alone! Very romantic!

Jaz said...

That cottage is so home-y!

And here's my rather belated anniversary *cheers* for you and Arnie =)