Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the real world...

It has been an enjoyable and lazy couple of weeks, even if I had to go to work for three days last week. My staff and I didn't do much but a few bits of work and a whole lot of bludging (hah!).

Now, it's the third of the first month of the new year. I am trying to get back into the scheme of things. I am trying to get myself out of the holiday mode which I have grown so accustomed to, considering it was really just a few days. It just goes to show that I really do need a much needed break.

In my last post, I have stated that I have only one New Year's resolution - something involving my shopping habits, of which when I told my partner about it he just laughed his head off... so much for being supportive, hmph!

I realised that for the past three years I have not had a decent break. I have had 1 - 3 days off but that's it. I didn't feel the need to take too much time off and have ended cashing out my leave days instead. With school, the amount of work that will be coming in, and the acquisition of a rival company that was recently completed, I will be swamped with so much to do that I wouldn't have time to even scratch my behind.

So, in addition to my already almost impossible New Year's resolution, here's another one that I plan to do from now on for the sake of my health and sanity:

Take at least one full week off every year.

I'll be fulfilling this as early as February since Arnie and I are going for a short trip to the Gold Coast in Queensland. We'll be heading to the theme parks and the beach for 4 days and 3 nights. Fantastic!

Besides, my boss has been pestering me to take leave every year. Well, I guess I should enjoy my hard earned money and go somewhere!

*****

It's exactly 40 days till my 28th birthday. Sheesh!

Funnily enough, I am not in the least feeling old or anything negative like that. As a staff member of mine said who is turning 51 this Thursday, age is but a state of mind. Indeed. In my opinion, I'd rather be in an age wherein people will start to take me seriously and not just dismiss me because of my age. How I hate that!

I'll be celebrating my birthday this year by having a party at my place - a definite first for me. I am not much of a "celebrate your birthday" person. Oh well, I thought might as well enjoy my life as much as I can. Every year that I am alive is cause for celebration I guess. I'd like to think that someone out there is actually glad I was born :)

No comments: