... till Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is released!!!
I have pre-purchased my copy for a mere $29.95 at Dymocks, one of the biggest bookstores in Australia. I cannot wait!
There were a few confirmed "rumours" that have been circulating regarding the book by JKR herself. I got these from a variety of sources:
1. A character will die.
- Heaps of speculation and apparently, betting pools have been opened across the globe as to the identity of the character. I just hope it's not Hagrid...
2. The "half blood prince" does not refer to either Harry nor Voldemort.
- People have been saying that it may be Dean Thomas. This has not been confirmed nor denied by JKR.
3. A new character by the name of McClaggan will be introduced.
- The new DADA professor perhaps?
4. More to Petunia Dursley that meets the eye.
- Nothing to do with her being a squib. She is definitely a muggle.
5. Grawp will appear again.
6. More on Rita Skeeter and Blaise Zabini.
7. Harry will have a "slight" love interest.
- Ginny! Ginny! Ginny!
8. Something huge will be revealed about Lily Potter.
9. The truth as to why Dumbledore trusts Snape.
10. There will be a new Minister of Magic.
- Yeah! Kick out that buffoon Fudge!
11. More about Voldemort's birth and childhood.
12. More of Narcissa Malfoy.
13. More of Tonks.
14. Snape's worst fear will be revealed.
- I wonder what that could be?
I will be outside Dymocks early in the morning to pick up my book. I intend to finish reading it the same day. I am so excited!
I will also be attending a Harry Potter picnic the week before the release date. It does seem a bit silly to have a picnic in the middle of winter, but us HP fans are nuts. What can I say?
Bring on the Butterbeer and the Pumpkin Pasties! We're ready for Harry!!!