Thursday, June 16, 2005

30 sleeps...

... till Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is released!!!

Yay!!!

I have pre-purchased my copy for a mere $29.95 at Dymocks, one of the biggest bookstores in Australia. I cannot wait!

There were a few confirmed "rumours" that have been circulating regarding the book by JKR herself. I got these from a variety of sources:

1. A character will die.
- Heaps of speculation and apparently, betting pools have been opened across the globe as to the identity of the character. I just hope it's not Hagrid...

2. The "half blood prince" does not refer to either Harry nor Voldemort.
- People have been saying that it may be Dean Thomas. This has not been confirmed nor denied by JKR.

3. A new character by the name of McClaggan will be introduced.
- The new DADA professor perhaps?

4. More to Petunia Dursley that meets the eye.
- Nothing to do with her being a squib. She is definitely a muggle.

5. Grawp will appear again.

6. More on Rita Skeeter and Blaise Zabini.

7. Harry will have a "slight" love interest.
- Ginny! Ginny! Ginny!

8. Something huge will be revealed about Lily Potter.

9. The truth as to why Dumbledore trusts Snape.

10. There will be a new Minister of Magic.
- Yeah! Kick out that buffoon Fudge!

11. More about Voldemort's birth and childhood.

12. More of Narcissa Malfoy.

13. More of Tonks.

14. Snape's worst fear will be revealed.
- I wonder what that could be?

I will be outside Dymocks early in the morning to pick up my book. I intend to finish reading it the same day. I am so excited!

I will also be attending a Harry Potter picnic the week before the release date. It does seem a bit silly to have a picnic in the middle of winter, but us HP fans are nuts. What can I say?

Bring on the Butterbeer and the Pumpkin Pasties! We're ready for Harry!!!

No comments: