Thursday, June 23, 2005

Random thoughts Part 1

My head is all over the place. I have so many things running through my mind at the moment. Please allow me to rant...

*****

It's getting really cold now. Winter is definitely here. I woke up yesterday morning and it was 6 degrees! Brrr!!!!

*****

There are times when I fantasize about being a Big Brother housemate. I don't know why. It seems really silly of me to do so since I am a creature of comfort and I value my privacy so much. I guess it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, of course winning close to a million dollars ain't so bad either.

*****

Jaime Cardinal Sin passed away. Big effin deal!

*****

Rumour has it that Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has plans of declaring Martial Law in the Philippines. Hwahahahahaha!!!! That just makes me effin laugh!

Have you guys heard about Live Aid getting back together to rally against poverty? A noble idea indeed. First things first: get the Catholic Church involve. Get them to contribute millions of dollars that they can surely afford!

Sir Bob Geldoff asked the Vatican for help. And you know what he got in the mail? Ratzinger's photo! No note, no nothing! Sheesh! What does the Vatican want the starving people to do? Stare at the pope's picture? It's not like it's going to do anything to change their situation!

And still the Catholic Church is wondering why people are deflecting. Jeez!!!

*****

It's not that I don't care about the Church. I may be so callused as to not care about the Archbishop of Manila's death. But that's just it. I really don't give a crap. I cared more for Teodoro Benigno's death a few weeks back than Sin's. I guess my priorities are just focused someplace else than religion.

*****

I was a religious person. I went to church every Sunday. I took confessions and communions. I know all of the hymns. After going to a Catholic university, I became an agnostic... how ironic, huh?

The great thing about being in La Salle is that they don't shove religion down your throat. They encourage free thinking, unlike other Catholic universities that I know of... and I will not name any for fear of tomatoes being thrown at me! :p

*****

Have you heard of this one? Children as young as 14 wanting to be mothers. What the hell is this world coming to? The federal government recently instigated the giving of government grants up to $3000 for every child born. $3000??? That's not even enough for three months' worth of nappies, formulas, and clothing!

Children having children... all because of money. Parents, PLEASE take control!

*****

I should really start taking guitar lessons. My guitar playing skills is just lousy.

*****

Back to the darkroom tomorrow? You effin bet! I'm a darkroom addict!

1 comment:

Urban Warrior said...

$3000 for each child!? What a way to encourage having children! Next thing you know they'll also be offering free baby needs.