Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm in a winter wonderland...

... in June???

Seriously, I am! If you are in my part of the world, the 1st of June marks the start of the winter season... by far my least liked season of all!

Fashion wise, it's pretty cool. You get to wear layers upon layers of clothing and if you top it up with a really cool winter coat, knee high boots, scarf, gloves, and a hat, you're all set. Having lived in Melbourne for 5 years, I can say that I don't get cold that easily anymore. No, it's not the cold that bothers me so much about winter. What bothers me is that I only get to see the sun out for a few hours before it disappears again. You know how it is, shorter days and longer nights. It makes me feel so damn lethargic! It's so hard to get up in the morning. This whole week, I have been late to work every single day! The sun is my alarm clock. Without it, no amount of shoving, shouting, or threatening would wake me.

Since the middle of the 5th month, winter has been lurking like the boogeyman. No, scratch that... it actually fell on us like a fekkin' ton of bricks! I remember complaining about the heat during the middle of autumn, but this sudden change is just ridiculous! I reckon that my bad mood last week was a result not only of stress over work and school, but also this shitty weather.

Please let the sun out!!! I want the damn sun!!!

No comments: